Welcome to De Novo Books and Courseware
We specialise in the production of customizable courseware for Microsoft OfficeTM and WindowsTM. but our courseware is also available in other formats. We aligned our material with certification programmes that are designed, validated, and approved by academics and industry experts from around the world. It is mainly aimed at training centres and institutions, but we also have packages specifically designed for use by self study students.
Our courseware is sought after by most leading training centres and institutions because it is user-friendly, comes with a price match guarantee and also includes an activities folder with lots of exercises, PowerPoint slides and more. We also offer ongoing support for all our customers.
Four different formats
De Novo is probably the only courseware provider in South Africa that offers its courseware in four different formats:
- Customizable in MS Word Format
- Printed format
- Ebook format and
- Self study format
All our customizable manuals are written using Microsoft Office 365 and Windows but is relevant to Office 2010, 2013 and 2016, and sold in digital format. It can therefore be completely customized and re-branded by license holders using Microsoft Word or any other word processor.
What is more, De Novo Courseware training material is sold with a “lifetime license” that does not require annual license renewals. And important! Our authors, writers, editors, designers and compilers have more than 15 years experience in the field op courseware production.De Novo does not sell just a manual, but our courseware comes in an extended package that includes the following:-
- The actual print-ready manual written in Word that is easy to cutomize and re-brand using MS Word or any other word processor;
- A pdf version of the manual;
- An Activities folder containing many activities (exercises);
- PowerPoint presentation(s) to assist facilitators, trainers and teachers;
- A tips and recommendations document containing suggestions and advice on how the training material can be used;
- Our “lifetime” licence agreement which is applicable to all Courseware4U material;
- And a bonus! Some of our packages include a discount coupon which can be redeemed under certain circumstances.
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find an identical training manual currently offered for less at any online-only computer skills courseware store located in South Africa (including shipping and other fees, if applicable), we will match the competitor’s price, hassle free!
Price match conditions
- De Novo Courseware reserves its right to verify the lower price prior to sale. Show us confirmation of the price that you have found for less for an identical item from a local competitor via a complete URL (web address) of the product page on the competitor’s website.
- Competitor closing down sale, clearance, liquidation, rebates coupons, free or bonus offers, errors or misprints, discontinued items are excluded from this guarantee.
- The competitor’s item must be sold by a dealer located in South Africa.
Although we specialise in editable, customizable courseware, we also provide the same training material in print format. The printed copies are identical to the digital version of our course material.
The turn around time for printed copies is about 14 days. But to assist trainers during the waiting period, we will provide a FREE pdf copy of the manual which trainers can use in the meantime.
A zip file containing an Activities folder with lots of exercises is included in the price of the manual.
Branding the material as your own
As is the case with our digital courseware, it is easy to brand the manual as your own. If you order ten or more copies, just send us your logo and slogan and we will customize your cover for you. Or you can provide us with a print ready pdf with crop marks for the cover of the manual you purchase. Alternatively we can design a cover specifically for you with your logo and other info you may require on the cover. Our design services are very reasonably priced.
Although many readers and learners still prefer physical print books, eBooks do have some distinct benefits and offer versatility that print cannot. While print books aren’t going away anytime soon, there are many situations in which eBooks provide an advantage over traditional paper media. That is why we at De Novo have decided to also give our customers the option of buying our excellent courseware in eBook format.
There are many reasons why readers may want to give eBooks a try. They provide more versatility than print and have many advantages that make the reading experience easier and more enjoyable.
Unlike print, eBooks allow you to change the font size or even the font style. Our eBooks are in clickable e-pdf that can be used on any compatible computer or mobile device. With the growth in the use of tablets such as the Kindle Fire or the Ipad, eBooks have been gaining ground and is definitely an option to consider.
“Computer and Internet skills are valued in today’s, business, professional and academic environments. Employers want their workers to have basic computer skills because their company becomes ever more dependent on computers,” says Karen LaPlant quite rightly. That’s why it is so important to acquire computer and Internet skills in today’s competitive employment environment.
But what to do if you do not have the time and/or finances to attend formal tuition or classes. The obvious answer is self study!
To cater for the needs of people who are dependent on self study, De Novo compiled packages specifically tailored for the needs of self study students.
The Self Study Package
Included in each self study package are the following:
- The complete manual in pdf format
- An Activities folder with exercises
- An online test to evaluate yourself
- The De Novo License Agreement
Why pay more when you can have better for less!